Sunday 9 January 2011

Fiona: First Post!

Hi Everyone,

My name is Fiona McG and I'm one of this years' Runner-Up Face of the Race applicants. Glasgow Life kindly asked me to blog about my training too, so you can all share the ups and downs (and believe me, in rainy Glasgow there are some downs). I'll try to update weekly on a Sunday with what I've been up to.

I've run the race twice before and I love the Girl Power atmosphere at it. My best time is 54.15 on this race but this year I'm faster than that (I hope!), so I'm aiming for a personal best. My current PB was set on the GSR 10K.

Now its officially 2011 and there are exactly four months to go, and I'm getting down to some hardcore training. This year I will be doing a variety of 5Ks, 10Ks, Half Marathons, parkruns and university events (since I run with the Glasgow University Hares and Hounds team) so there's no slacking for me!

So far this year I've been heading out on the odd cheeky 6 miler, but its easy to slack when the team isn't in training. There has been a lot of random activity- today for example I was at a Total Body Workout class, which was sore. The trainer is definitely some sort of closet sadist, considering how lovely she is when you chat to her!

Fiona McG

No comments:

Post a Comment