Sunday 30 January 2011

Fiona: Week 3

Monday is my cheeky easy day. I don't eat so well (Divine chocolate at 2pm... Carbs to the max al day...), mostly as its usually a hugely stressful day, and I do less exercise. On this particular Monday I did 10 mins X training- HARDCORE.

Tuesday training was properly hard. It was 6x600m sprints, where each leg feels like forever. I managed them all sub 2.15 though, which isn't terrible for me. Loads of people from the club showed for sessions for once and there was a really curious astmosphere afterwards, where we all kept hugging and patting each other on the back and saying people did well. A bit like how people would act if there was a nuclear disaster and they were truly glad to have survived... Which is pretty much how I felt. Also ran 1.5 miles warm up there and 1.5 miles back.

Wednesday was the GUHH club's Re-Freshers run, which is like a recruitment run, aiming to promote running in those who don't already do it. I did the three miles fast run, which due to some creative route planning, turned out to be the four miles fast run.

I made this poster for it- thought I did an okies job :)
On Thursday I turned up to sessions and realised I'd forgotten my shorts. Then all motivation I had, which had already been beaten black and blue by coursework, left me and instead of borrowing shorts or running back to get mine I just went home.

From Friday I was trying to make an effort to eat better (ate so much junk this week) and I also made an effort to work out more- did a boxfit class and abs work on the floor. Been reading a lot about how important a strong core is to running and since my core is currently doughball-esque I thought I should step it up!

Saturday I did an hours walk with my parents. Sunday we had arranged a long run with the club- a violent 10 miles. Except I failed utterly and did 5. I was just so freaking exhausted, so stiff, so DONE WITH IT. I have been eating badly, hardly sleeping and stressed out about uni so I'm not surprised.

Plan for next week is therefore: eat better, monday gym, tuesday sprints, wed run, thursday session, friday swim then BUCCCS on Saturday, asleep each night before 11pm. Hopefully.

Fiona McG

No comments:

Post a Comment