Thursday 20 January 2011

Fiona: Fuerteventura

Hi again guys,

Got back from sunny Fuerteventura on Monday night (or technically Tuesday morning!). I'm going to be wildly honest- outside an extremely unskilled game of tennis we did no working out at all. We did, however, have a total blast and made great pals in the sprint team! Actually, I tell a lie, two boys did a whopping 24km run one day.

This week so far I have done my strength training at the gym (oww, hello arms), ran a whopping 7.5 or 8 miles yesterday and today Im planning on super circuits at 5.15pm (this one is a tough class). Eating since I got home has been okay- a little too much chocolate perhaps but hey, thats WHY I run...

I should tell you why I did so much yesterday... It isnt that I'm a cool, dedicated athlete. Its that Julie and I got lost on a group run. I had a date so we ended up tempo running two miles, found the start of our usual 6 miler and raced around that too at a massive pace. And I was still late!

There are a lot of hard races upcoming for me- this weekend is the (aptly named) Devil's Burden Hill Relay - I'm running leg 2 as part of a mixed gender team. Its hilly to be sure. Then its only 2 weeks till British Uni Cross Country Champs in Birmingham- eep!

Fiona McG

No comments:

Post a Comment