Sunday 23 January 2011

its all to do with time

Started the week with a great yoga practice with Jo our teacher back from very serious flu, and it was lovely to have her pushing us through our practice. Really stiff the next day, like some steam roller had ironed out my body, but went to the university gym to try and do some interval training. My trotting is always so slow that I am going to try and speed up. Wednesday was a trip to London for a committee meeting and Thursday we had visitors to stay so I just did not have any spare time for exercise. Several excuses coming up but I was good on the weekend. Saturday is the Mugdock reservoir run, as I am working up to running twice round for 10K. Still only doing it once and it was so icy that it was hard to jog at all, more of a skate and I had to stick to the grass. Very foggy too, got round the reservoir before I noticed it. I listen to radio 4 Saturday live while I trot and got caught up to the stories. This time all the runners came back to us for coffee. My kids did good and phoebe made pancakes, Hannah lemon muffins and Alice croissants. All got scoffed too with gallons of coffee. Made it worth getting up and running. Saturday night was quite a late night to a Celtic connection concert at the Fruitmarket with more running friends from Edinburgh. They got us up Sunday morning for another Mugdock run as they are training for the Cape Wrath Marathon, so were planning to run10 miles. I opted for 7K (1.5 times round reservoir). The weather was much warmer and so much better for my asthma though the hip was twinging. It was nice though lots of geese on the water. Read the papers until they finished their run in 1.5 hrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment