Monday 17 January 2011

Had a good run tonight!

Hi all,
After taking part in a very snowy Great Winter Run I got back into regular training last week with the Glasgow Running Network (following a month off due to snow and flu).
I went out on Tuesday nite with Holyrood group and Thursday nite with the Pollokshaws group. By the Thursday night it still wasn't getting any easier with my breathing - ooof! But I had a good blether with one of the girls from my group called Tammy who gave me loads of good advice on marathon training.
I then did Glasgow Parkrun on Saturday morning - crumbs - it was hard work. I hadn't done parkrun for a couple of months and forgot how tough those hills can be. It was also really rainy and miserable (I very nearly didn't go - but my fiance uttered his catchphrase "your skin is waterproof" - so off I went to the park). Not surprisingly - there was no PB for me!
I'm working down south tomorrow so went out with the Gorbals group tonight - and had a REALLY good run. I started chatting to a couple of the girls and one of the coaches and it made the time pass much more quickly. I've arranged to meet one of the girls at Tollcross group on Wednesday night - have not been to that one before so it will be good to meet up with someone else who hasn't been either.
I feel much better following my run tonight. Hopefully I'll get a good sleep too - early start for the airport in the morning. Pam x

No comments:

Post a Comment