Friday 14 January 2011

Fiona: A Week in Training 1

After my crazy Body Workout class, i woke up on Monday to thighs so tight I couldn't descend a staircase. Consequently I was dreading the evening training with the club (GUHH)... Just goes to show how wrong you can be. It was chucking it down but the run was one of those rare ones where rain just makes it easier to breathe. I stayed bang middle of the pack with the boys for the 6 miles, which is faster than my usual pace while training, and finished the run in under an hour. Shame I then forgot my towel and had to drip dry in the gym showers!

Tuesday I was going to do a boxfit class to take the strain of my thighs (which are definitely feeling it). Got to say, I don't think having to sit it a library till 2am is great for your legs post-run. Ah the joys of being a student... I ended up going to sprint sessions instead (ouch but awesome), where coach told me he wants a 45min 10k this time, no excuses. Oh dear. Sprints covered 2.5miles (1 mile warm up, 200mx13 reps = just over1.5 miles).

Wednesday was an appalling run- only 4 club members showed, I was so so stiff and I kept getting frustrated cause I could talk completely normally (ie breathing was A OK) but not run any faster cause' my legs weren't up for it. We ended up doing 5 miles or just over. In the rain. And Thursday morning I was SORE. So I had a rest day.

I know I said I'd blog on Sundays, but I'm doing so early this week cause' I'm off to FUERTEVENTURA today with the athletics club (they call us Hares and Hounds the 'giraffes' ha ha, because we are all tall and skinny) to do some sprint training and, if I'm honest, to bask in the sun. I'm so excited for sun! And training, obv :-D.

Fiona McG

No comments:

Post a Comment