Tuesday 11 January 2011

first blog for me

Guilt! I start the build up to the Women’s 10K with guilt for not keeping my trotting up and letting the snow and ice be a good excuse. I call it trotting, as my speed can not be considered a jog or a run. However I am still pleased with myself for trotting any distance. I started running 6 years ago, completing my first Women’s 10K with my friends Ali and Mads. Ali kept Mads and myself going by telling stories and we made it. My time is always around 70mins but I do keep jogging even up hill. I have exercise-induced asthma, so its all a bit of an effort. Each year I need an incentive to make sure I do not give up training and this year it’s as an online face for the race. So I started jogging again last week, round the Milngavie reservoir - 35 mins to complete just under 5 K. Got to improve. Keep on with my yoga as its good for running but our yoga teacher has been poorly, so we all got together in the church hall and quietly did our practice together in our heads hearing Jos voice, was great but not quite the same. Went to the gym tonight and trotted on the treadmill for 25mins (only 3K). Got a bit to go…….

1 comment:

  1. Work is busy so Wednesday was a 30mins yoga practice when I got home which was nice. Yoga is great for stretching and strengthening muscles. Thursday was a train ride to London and back to visit an art school with my daughter for an open day and we did not get home till around 8.30pm. However my dad had been rushed to hospital with heart pain so we were up quite late and driving to and fro from A& E, not a good day for exercise. Busy at work and checking on my dad who is stable so back to a run on Saturday. This is the fun day, about 10-15 of us meet at mugdock for a run. Some of us (usually me) just jog around the reservoir (5K) while the pros zoom a 10k just for fun (wish it was me! and why do they take the same time as me!). Dodged the rain and the treat is breakfast afterwards which we take it in turns to make each week. Great drop scones Brendon and bread Brian. Was going to run on Sunday but the sink decided to flow to the brim on its own, and 3.0AM I was emptying it into buckets…something to do with blocked drains outside? Not a good restful sleep for a run so instead the next day had fun with the hubby sticking rods down the drains out side until we lost the end of it and had to call an expert. Super rod man came and flushed out our puny rod, unblocked the sink, the drains and saved the day! Monday and a busy weeks beckons…

    ReplyDelete