Thursday 27 January 2011

January Blues

Well January has not really been the start to my running year that I hoped! A complete aversion to exercise for the past 6 months has put me right back at square one with the old training malarkey and right now I could figuratively run a mile but perhaps not literally!

However, Monday will be my start day! I'm going to get back into Zumba, get back to the gym and maybe even buy some new running trainers to I can actually start training for the race! That sounded dangerously like my usual diet mantra....'Monday will be the day I change my eating habits and unleash the skinny Amazon I know is lurking inside my 5ft 4", size 12-14 frame!'...then of course Monday arrives, I get on the train home and someone is eating a burger in the seat beside me and it all goes a bit 'pear shaped' (pardon the pun) as I go home and eat my own body weight in twiglets while waiting on a 4 cheese pizza to cook in the oven! But, alas! I still have time to get back into running! I will achieve my goal! I will be fit! And I will probably still cry as I cross the finish line!

Hmmm - right now May seems like ages away but I think that if the next 3 months go as quickly as January has then it'll be here before I know it! Eeeek! Better get those new trainers bought and get cracking! Thank goodness tomorrow is payday....x

No comments:

Post a Comment