Monday 30 April 2012

Week 15/16

Two weeks to go now till the Woman’s 10k, and unfortunately it’s been over two weeks since I last went out a run! Feeling very frustrated! As I reported in my previous blog, I somehow managed to injure the top of my foot. I had an x-ray on it last week and got told there were no immediate signs of damage, a full report is getting sent to my doctor so just keeping my fingers (and toes!) crossed there is no stress fracture!

Didn’t do much exercise last week as tried to rest my foot as much as possible. I had gone to spin class as Glasgow Club Easterhouse on the Monday night, but my foot was hurting when standing up on the bike so had to do the whole class sitting down on the bike! It was rather uncomfortable!

Have tried to do more exercise this week to keep my fitness levels up. Also, I was getting extremely restless from not getting out running! Went to the gym at Glasgow Club Whitehill on Tuesday night for a quick 30mins blast on the bike, and on Wednesday night did my tae bo dvd.

Saturday morning I went to Glasgow Club Whitehill again, this time did 20mins on the bike, then went into the swimming pool. Hubby had found me a floatation belt which allows you to run in the water – which is supposed to be a great way to aid recovery from injury! Think I did about half an hour of pool running, and I have to say I was pretty exhausted by the end!

Sunday I went to Glasgow Club Easterhouse to use the gym there, did 30mins on the cross trainer and then 15mins on the bike!

My foot is definitely feeling much better now, so hopefully it is healing. I will give the running a miss again this week and them maybe attempt a wee jog next weekend and see how it goes!  After all those times in the past I’ve moaned about having to go out a run, I really can’t believe how much I am missing it now!

I have definitely ruled out any hope of getting a decent time in the Woman’s 10k, but hopefully I will still be able to take part. I have done this race for the past few years and love being a part of the event. It’s always a special day with an amazing atmosphere so I hope I don’t have to miss out!

No comments:

Post a Comment