Wednesday 4 April 2012

Feeling better

Thankfully I was feeling better on Monday morning, my immune system plus echinaceae and Vit C doing their job and only one session missed from the training plan! Always the best idea to take a short break if you're not well, it can save weeks of poor health and equally poor training.  Slight throat niggle only now, earache gone, so glad because it was the worst part of it all.   Did a kettlebell workout.

Shoulders still sore from Monday's kettlebells - think I overdid the upper body techniques!!  Also have a cold sore now :-(   Set out on the four loops of hills on cold, sunny Wednesday morning. (Back to full length tights!)  I had a wee blip on the last steep hill when Nick almost literally dragged me on, but otherwise I ran it all.  I was really pleased with a further improvement in my time - 29:31.  Still find the hills very hard, but I feel as if I recover more quickly when I get to the top than I did just a few weeks ago.

My other two runs this week are the move up to 4.5 miles, both of which are scheduled to be 'outwith my comfort zone'.  I'm caught between looking forward to progressing with the training plan, and being a bit nervous about quite a big jump in distance because they are listed as fast runs, and its a few weeks since I last did any more than 3 miles.  Ah well, fingers crossed, best foot forward etc!

No comments:

Post a Comment