Sunday 8 April 2012

Steppin' up

Been meaning to say that I got a pair of Glasgow 2014 laces - won them for sporting my trainers at work on Commonwealth Day back in March.  They are fun - bright red, hoping to work up the nerve to actually put them in my trainers soon!        

So, as I said last time I had two 4.5 mile sessions to add to my hill run this week, both to be 'fast runs'.  I did the first on Friday - 4.7 miles around Paisley on a route with a fair few ups and downs, in 44 minutes.  Delighted with that as the average time per mile was 9:22 - another improvement. If I could keep that speed up for the 10K it would be a new PB for me.  Jiggered afterwards though, increasing distance as well as speed is hard. Phew!!

I did the second one this morning, with some Easter egg before, and some more after - yummy!!  My legs were still a bit tired from Friday's run, so my hubby suggested doing an out and back run along the Cycle Track, going towards Johnstone. It is reasonably flat, so a bit less challenging.  In total I did 4.6 miles, and the time was 45 mins.  The run out wasn't too bad timewise but on the way back I felt one of my hamstrings tightening.  I stopped to stretch which did help for a while but I needed to be a bit cautious. It isn't injured, think it was just a result of being tired before I ran.....and of course as training gets towards its peak, tired legs are a regular feature!!   Still under 10 minute miles though, and I'd have struggled to achieve anything close to that a few weeks ago, so its OK.

Finishing writing now and my mind is drifting towards chocolate and wine................bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment