Tuesday 17 April 2012

Week 14

Disaster has struck! With 4 weeks to go to the 10k, and having been doing the best running I’ve ever managed, I’ve somehow managed to injure my foot!

As I mentioned in my previous blog, I had a fantastic start to the week by running a new pb for my 10k. Took a break on Tuesday, then Wednesday I did my tae bo dvd fitness dvd.

Thursday night I decided to go out and go some hill sprints. I had been feeling a wee twinge in my foot since going hill walking a couple of weeks ago, but it hadn’t caused me any problems when running so I didn’t think it was anything to worry about. Managed to do 4 hill sprints on Thursday but then my foot really started to ache and I barely managed to jog back to the house! Since then have been feeling it painful when walking so will need to give running a miss for a week or so at least and will get it checked out – fingers crossed its nothing too serious!

Friday night had a weights session at Glasgow Club Whitehill, then rested on Saturday to avoid causing any more damage to my foot. Sunday I was really itching to get out so went to Glasgow Club Easterhouse and managed to do a good hour of cardio, with 30 mins on the crosstrainer and 30 mins on the bike. That didn’t hurt my foot so at least I know I can still do exercise to keep my fitness levels up even if I can’t get out running!

Hopefully will be able to report better news next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment