Monday 2 April 2012

Week 12

Really can’t believe it’s now April –the last few weeks have flown by! I always feel once we hit April that the Woman’s 10k comes around so quickly as well!

Had a bit of a quieter week of training than normal. After the hill walking last Sunday the muscles were really sore on Monday, particularly my calves from walking downhill for so long! Decided to cancel Spin and have a long soak in the bath instead!

Went out for a run on Tuesday night, and genuinely thought I would struggle as the calves were still aching. However surprised myself (and Hubby!) by doing a 5k in my fastest time for ages in 27 mins 11secs! Ave speed was 11.0kph with my mile splits 8m 41s / 8m 52s / 8m 48s. I felt great after it as well!

Was out Wednesday night so no exercise and then was working late Thursday night. Once I got home I had the great idea to do 100 press ups again, as I had done this a few weeks ago! Did 4 sets of 20 then 2 sets of 10, was losing some form by the end but still managed to do them so was pretty pleased! However my stomach muscles were feeling it the next couple of days!

Friday night I was out again, then on Saturday went to Glasgow Club Haghill for a weights session.

Sunday was the Glasgow Running Network 5k. Hubby made me go through a proper warm up routine for once, so had a jog around Bellahouston Park, then did some dynamic stretching, then a jog back along the final km of the race and then some sprints. I have to say it made such a different as I crossed the finish line in a time of 26 mins 58secs! I couldn’t believe it to be honest, was so happy I was celebrating as if I’d won it!! My mile times were 8m 50s / 9m 11s / 8m 38s. The second mile was up a hill so I started wondering how fast I could have gone had it being a completely flat route! It was a great day all round and the organisation was fantastic so thanks to everyone involved! Hope everyone who took part was as happy as me by the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment