Tuesday 10 April 2012

Nearly there!! :-)

Its getting exciting now, training wise we're at the business end with 4 weeks full training left, then a taper week......how cool is that?  4 weeks of hard work of course, but that is what brings rewards.  I know I'm never going to be a 'good' runner, but since the end of last year I've got back from injury, and with more focussed training sessions over the last couple of months my speed and stamina have improved to the point that there is a decent chance of me equalling my previous best time (58:21) which I achieved in the Women's 10K in 2010. 

Road running is great because it is about your own goals, it doesn't matter what anyone else can do.  I'm hugely inspired by the talent of elite runners, and I also know how hard they work, but on race day my run is about me!   So we all need to buckle down for the last wee while, it will definitely be worth it on 13th May!!

No comments:

Post a Comment