Sunday 29 April 2012

Some statistics

So here we are, two weeks till the big day!!  Exciting!

I was browsing the 10k website the other day and realised for the first time that the results are broken down by age category (I know, where have I been?!)  Anyway, I had a look at 2010, which was the last time I ran, and discovered that I was 58th home of the 451 in my age group, so I'm looking forward to comparing that with how things go this year. This should have been my last year in that category, but I also noticed that the age range has been changed from 55-59 to 56-60, so I've got an extra year as a vet before I qualify as elderly ;-) !!

I am very pleased to report I have managed to successfully negotiate the Beer Festival......and to let you know that there were some delicious beers!  Wednesday night was fun with friends, I didn't train, other than yoga, on Thursday, and on Friday night Nick and I went to our usual kettlebells class.  As it happened we won a watch, as our instructor didn't have us do any techniques which specifically focussed on the legs.  Our upper bodies were extremely tired on Saturday, but since I wasn't working, we went to the Pollok Park parkrun.  It was a beautiful morning, cold but sunny - just perfect - and the turnout reflected that.  There were 439 runners, the second biggest field ever - amazing!  The big number meant a fair bit of congestion at the start of the run, but despite that I was totally chuffed to record another PB for the course, 29:46.  The first runner home did it in a stunning 17:07, just 6 seconds short of the course record!

Of course we spent the afternoon sitting on the Town Hall floor, just Nick and I this time, a couple of lazy hours sampling good beers, then a delicious veggie paella in La Mesa on the way home - lovely!

One week's training and one week's taper to go. I accidentally stuck a week's holiday in the middle of that......mind you, that means some warm weather training!


No comments:

Post a Comment