Saturday 27 February 2010

New Shoes?

Looked at my trusty shoes this morning and thought they looked a bit sad and tired. In fact, that is what most people have commented on re: my 'face of the race' 10K photo - that I should have at least washed my training shoes before the photo-shoot! I never noticed and just reply that it makes them look well used and authentic!! (not old...)

Anyway, need to get some new ones soon so they are all worn in and trusted before the race. I usually just go to Achilles Heel but has anyone out there got any other recommendations of good service and/ or a good deal?

Thanks in advance...

3 comments:

  1. I think when it comes to buying running shoes it is absolutely vital that you get the best advice from the people who know. It's amazing what a difference it amkes to have the right shoes for your feet to keep you injury free. I have alwways used Asics - when I get a new pair I feel like I've got a new pair of slippers!! Also you know when you need new trainers because you start to get niggles in your legs, hips and back. I would also recommend seeing a sports therapist to get a massage, not the most pleasanr experience but great for loosening off any tight muscles. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any excuse for a massage sounds like great advice! Had thought that one of my new year's resolutions could have been to get a massage every fortnight as a treat but havent acted on it yet. Think I should and will... thanks - Pippa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pippa. How did you get on with buying new shoes? Would love to hear what you chose in the end and how you are finding them.xx

    ReplyDelete