Friday 19 February 2010

Breaking that barrier!

I'm really excited because I feel this week I've reached a turning point with my training. Previously I would be utterly exhausted after a run and completely out of puff however this week things have really changed, I'm managing 5K very comfortably and when I'm finished I feel really energized and alert which means my training must be paying off and I'm now seeing the benefits!

Of course I've still got a lot of work to do and will really need to focus on building up my distance and speed if I want to complete the race in under an hour (wondering if that's too ambitious for a first timer?!?) but I feel encouraged. A couple of weeks ago doubt was starting to set in and I slightly regretted signing up for the race but I'm so glad I persevered!!!

I really can't wait until the big day, quite a few of the girls in the office have now signed up and there's quite a buzz, we're all encouraging one another, plus I now have a lunchtime training buddy which is great!

Hoping to get another run in this weekend and hit the 6K mark....oh there's no stopping me now! x

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant Laura - well done, it is all so psychological too and just great when you know in your head that you can do it! Are you doing the 5K on 28 March too?

    ReplyDelete