Thursday 11 February 2010

Get a Move on!!

The title is more reference to my state of mind at the moment, I've been a bit lazy of late due to not feeling my finest but I am going to pick myself up and get back out there. I'm happy all the bad weather is away and any hint of ice is now gone, so I can plan my routes and have a great time.

If you do go running yourself/with friends and without a group then planning your route using a route planner can really help. It can give you a sense of achievement by managing the route and if you still walk a little, then you can note your progress.

I'm starting off slow this weekend, going to try a 5k this weekend at parkrun (which I recommend for all abilities) and get back into it again.

I was thinking of last years women's 10K and how emotional I felt getting close to the finish line - all those folk who cheer you on but don't even know you - they were great and just really help for that final push you need to get that time you've been working towards! Thinking of that gets me motivated and really excited to take part once again!

No comments:

Post a Comment