Wednesday 17 February 2010

My introduction to Lactic Acid!

Well, I went to visit the lovely people at Glasgow University Sport & Recreation Service the day before yesterday to be given the training programme that is going to help me go a bit faster than I have ever been before!

No surprises but that also means that life is going to get a bit harder (and slightly more painful) that it has ever been before too! Strangely though, I am really up for it and think that I might enjoy it.

Now, I am an outdoor girl at heart but this is going to involve interval training on a treadmill so that I can control the speed that I am going at for the short, fast bits and push my little legs and my heart rate beyond the comfort zone that they have currently been enjoying.

My real introduction to lactic acid came this morning but I am told that it is a good thing... happy days!

No comments:

Post a Comment