Tuesday 9 February 2010

Any more snow??

OK, so I have finally decided on my charity. I shall be running for the local Hospice - St Andrew's Airdrie www.justgiving.com/julie-paterson. I am trying to think of different ways to raise money suggestions welcome. Rather than asking for just sponsorships I am currently selling stuff I have won in competitions on Ebay, I am also running the 10K in September, so I hope to have raised quite a bit by then.

Back to the training I never managed to run outside last week due to the snow and work commitments. I hit the leisure centre instead - I would like to shift some pounds before the big run so ran on the treadmill on Friday for 35 mins then on Saturday I had nearly two hours of body pump then body attack. OMG! this is now Tuesday and I still feel as if someone has attacked my body!! Fatima was great in pushing me to the end of the class :D Hopefully, I will be able to run tonight.

Being a bit of a gadget freak, I purchased the Nike sensor to connect through my iPod and track my distance's and times on-line, it also updates my friends via facebook. It has a 10K trainer to give you targets to reach, I am just over 5K at the moment and slowing building up to the 10K.

So, a 40 min run tonight - wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment