Monday 26 March 2012

Week 11

Just 7 weeks to go now till the Woman’s 10k and I feel as if March has flown by! I always like it when the clocks go forward though as it makes it easier to go out running at night, especially if I’m working late!

Had another varied week of training! Monday night was spin class as usual. Tuesday I did a 6k run. My time was rather slow at 35m 27s, ave speed 10.2kph, but I did run 4 hills as part of my route therefore not too disappointed!

Had various things on this week so wasn’t able to get back out running again until Saturday morning. Did a 7k run, in 40m 18s, ave speed 10.4kph. It was a glorious day for it but didn’t realise it would be quite so hot so ended up regretting wearing a base layer under my t-shirt! My mile splits were 9m15s, 9m12s, 9m23s and 9m29s, so pretty stable! After that I went to the gym at Glasgow Club Whitehill, since I had missed out on my usual Friday night weights session. After that workout I definitely deserved the pizza we had after it!

As it was such a great day on Sunday, the hubby and I decided to go hill walking up Ben Lomond! The legs were getting extremely weary by time we reached the top after almost 3 hours, but it was absolutely worth it for the stunning views! After a half hour break for lunch we trekked back down, which took quite a bit longer than I thought it would!

If you fancy including some hill walking in your training then Glasgow Life runs its own Walking Programme which has a whole range of walks suitable for everyone. Visit www.glasgowlife.org.uk/walking for more information.

Doing the Running Network 5k Fun Run at Bellahouston Park this Sunday. It’s always an enjoyable race and fun atmosphere so I recommend it to anyone not yet signed up! Here’s the link:

www.runglasgow.org/GRN/annual-5k-fun-run.php

No comments:

Post a Comment