Monday 12 March 2012

Nearly had a facial!!

The first week on my 10 week 10K training plan is called a preconditioning week and the 3 sessions are two jogs and one 'comfortable' run, one x 3 and two x 5 miles.  Because I'm just at the tail end of injury rehab and this was only my second week doing 3 runs, I decided to do a 3, a 4 and a 5, to make the increase more gradual.

Did the first one, the 3 miler, on Monday afternoon which was a lovely day, so it was a nice wee run, a loop out from the gym, including a couple of circuits of the Fountain Gardens here in Paisley.  I've never been in them before - quite pretty.  Met up with Nick, my hubby, and joined in with the last while of a kettlebell session he'd been doing while I was out.  Result? -  tired legs on Tuesday!  My older son's birthday was also on Monday, so some very good birthday cake and wine was the order of the evening.  He is now 35, which begs two questions - how did that happen? and when did I get this old??  Hmmm.....

On Wednesday morning I did the 4 mile session and included a couple of hills.  The first one was pretty steep and quite near home. I wasn't really into my stride/breathing at that point, so it was a bit of a struggle.  I got up it without walking, but really didn't help myself by trying to take my jacket off en route (d'oh!) - it got stuck on my watch strap and I ended up having to put it back on before I got to the top!  Dont know what I was thinking - wont be trying that again!!   Was pleased, though, that I didn't have to walk on the hills, just goes to show that getting back to regular training makes a difference.  Also had a lucky escape, because a couple of minutes after I got home there was a hailstorm, so I was spared a major facial exfoliation!

Then I set out on the 5 mile comfortable run on Sunday morning, this one didn't feel so good, legs pretty tired and back achy, so in best 'listen to your body' mode, I called it a day at 4.5miles.  Again time was around 10 minute miles.  Its been a few weeks since I last did 5 miles, and its still 9 weeks till the 10K, so I'm not worried about it - plenty of time.
 
Week 2 sees the start of faster running and doing speed intervals, so bring it on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment