Monday 5 March 2012

The body achieved!!

Managed to do my planned three runs last week with no ill effects, so I'm a happy bunny!  Two were around 20 minutes and the third almost 30, all were round about 10 minute miles.  Yesterday I thought about breaking my capris out of storage when I saw the clear blue sky.  Was glad I didn't though, cos that wee gap between the bottom of my tights and the top of my sock certainly felt the nip!!  But wasn't it just a beautiful day for running?  : -)

I've decided on a training plan as well, -  I'm going to use My Asics. I've included the link below in case you want to have a look at how it works.  I've chosen a 3 runs per week option. It's geared for people who have a GPS watch, which I dont, so I'll need to adapt how I do the interval sessions, but otherwise its all good!    It is a bit different from the usual, staying at 3 miles per run for the first three weeks, but working on improving at that distance before moving up to 4.5 miles.  It'll be fun to try a different approach - also hoping that focussing on 3 miles for 3 weeks, might do something for my parkrun performance!!  I have a Saturday off work at the end of the month, so I'll find  out then!!

http://my.asics.co.uk/my/plan/new

Really looking forward to being ready for the Women's 10K, it's such an inspirational day, seeing the elite runners, the main mass of women, the wheelchair athletes and the walkers - it doesn't matter which group you belong to, it is a challenge for all of us.

Speak to you soon x

No comments:

Post a Comment