Tuesday 20 March 2012

Week 10

I had a fairly varied week of training last week. It didn’t get off to a good start as I had to cancel spin on Monday night. Managed to go out for a run on Tuesday night, and did my 4 hills route which woke the legs up!

Took Wednesday night off then went out another run on Thursday night. I decided to try something slightly different with my training – actually running faster! Only did two miles but did it in a time of 17m 29s, ave speed 11kph. If I could keep that pace up it would be a sub-55min 10k! First mile was 8m 50s and second 8m 29s. What I need to do now is keep running at that pace for longer!

Friday night went to Glasgow Club Whitehill for a weights session. On Saturday I went out another run. This time we did a mile and a half warm up, then a training session of a hill run followed by 2 x 400 metre sprints, three times (with 60 seconds recovery between each set). I was definitely feeling it by the end!

Didn’t make it for my usual run on Sunday as went paint balling instead! I think that was actually quite a workout and was certainly more painful!!!! I have the bruises to prove it!

No comments:

Post a Comment