Monday 6 February 2012

Week 4

After last Sunday’s mammoth effort of a 10 mile run, I took it slightly easier this week to allow my body to recover! They say you should only increase your distance by 10% each week but I definitely didn’t stick to that rule last week, and judging by how I felt on Monday I can certainly see why they recommend that! I gave myself a couple of days off from exercise, then on Wednesday night did my Tae Bo dvd in the house, then had Thursday and Friday off also.

Saturday morning, as a change from going to my ususal gym Glasgow Club Easterhouse, I went to Glasgow Club Whitehill. It’s been refurbished recently and I have to say I am very impressed with it! The new gym is a great size and looks so modern and fresh. They also had a good range of free weights and kettle bells, this led me to trying out a variety of different exercises and I was definitely feeling that in my arms and back the next day! Its good to mix the routine up every so often!

As I said last week, I am happy now knowing that I can run 10 miles without stopping, so what I need to concentrate on now is getting my speed back up. I went out for a run on Sunday morning, trying to run at a faster pace knowing that I wouldn’t be going as far. Did 5k in 29m 26s, which is an average speed of 10.2kph. I have to admit it’s a couple of minutes slower than I want to be covering that distance in, but it’s a start at getting myself used to running at a faster pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment