Monday 13 February 2012

Week 5

After taking it fairly easy last week, I pleased to say I had a much better week of training this week! Started on Monday night by making it along to Spin. Having had to miss it the previous two weeks it was good to get back on the bike again! Tuesday, for the first time this year, I managed to get out a run at night! I have to admit though it did take a bit of persuasion from Hubby to get me out the door! Did 4 hill runs in total. There’s a hill near us which is 500m long and although it’s not the steepest, it does get the heart pumping!

Had a night off on Wednesday, so come Thursday I was full of enthusiasm and made it out for another run after work! This time did a 5k, in a time of 28m 29s (ave speed 10.5kpm). I was really happy with this as it was a minute faster than I ran 5k in last Sunday. So hopefully I am managing to get some speed back into my running! I also did some weights in the house on Thursday night,

Had Friday night off also, and then on Saturday morning went out for more interval training with the Hubby. Did a mile and a half warm up and then a few hill sprints, this time the hill we used was just under 200m long but a lot steeper, so quite challenging but at least you know it will be over sooner!!

Finally on Sunday, I did a 10k run, and was very happy with my time of 59m 09s (ave speed 10.1kpm). Its by no means the fastest I’ve ever done it, but considering its only February I’m very happy to be able to do 10k in under an hour. Usually at this stage in the year I’m still struggling to make it to 5k! Think the extra miles I’ve been doing lately have definitely been helping!

No comments:

Post a Comment