Monday 27 February 2012

Week 6/7

Week 6/7

Combing two weeks into one blog as wasn’t able to write one last week!

Had a fairly quiet week of exercise on week 6. It started off well enough with a spin class on Monday night. Had Tuesday night off, and then on Wednesday did some hill runs. Had Thursday night off again! Friday had a weights session, and then on Saturday did a 5k run. Managed it in my best time yet of the year at 28mins 17sec, average speed 10.6kph, so was pretty happy with that!

Sunday was the first one for a while that I wasn’t able to get out running, Hubby had the great idea that he would try doing 100 press ups, in 10 sets of 10 with a short break between each set. After watching him do his 100, I decided to do the same! I surprised myself by managing to do it all but was definitely feeling it in my arms and stomach muscles the next day! Not as much as Hubby was feeling it though, as he decided to join me in my set, meaning he did 200 in total!!

Managed to get a lot more running in on week 7. Started it off with Monday night spin class again, then had Tuesday off. Wednesday managed a run with a few hills thrown in. I covered about 6k but didn’t take the GPS watch. I am usually so obsessed with time and speed that sometimes is nice to go out a run without worrying about average speed! Went out another run on Thursday night, this time I did time myself and did 5k in exactly 29mins (ave speed 10.3kpm). I was a bit disappointed as it was a lot slower than my last 5k, but it was a very windy night and I went up a couple of hills, so blaming that for slowing me down!

Had Friday night off, then Saturday managed a 6.5k run, in 37mins 35sec (average speed 10.4kph.) It was another windy day, as shown in my mile splits of 9m24s/9m21s/9m27s/9.03s. I felt I was flying on the final mile back to the car then realised I had a massive tail wind!

Sunday I did another 10k run, I have to admit I was struggling a bit with pace to begin with and so was slower than my 10k the other week (doing it in 1hour 20secs, ave speed 9.9kph.) However my mile splits were 9m16s/10m07s/10m14s/9m33s/9m31s/9m41s, so I was happy I managed to pick the pace up over the second half of my run. Usually I run positive splits, start off strongly and then slow down towards the end, so it’s a bit of a change for me that my last two runs had me improving by the end!

This Saturday I have my first organised 5k of the year, the Combat Stress 5k around Glasgow Green. I’ve done this one for the last 2 years and find it an enjoyable race. It’s always got a great atmosphere and a good route, plus it’s for a great cause!

No comments:

Post a Comment