Monday 30 January 2012

Week 3

Another week over with, and nearly in February, though I think it will be a while yet before I can get the shorts back out!!

My week didn’t get off to a great start as I had to cancel my Monday night Spin class due to working late, and then I had plans for the Wednesday night, but I managed to do a Tae Bo fitness dvd on both Tuesday and Thursday night. Friday night made it along to Glasgow Club Easterhouse for a weights session!

Saturday I managed to get out for a run once the early morning frost had cleared! Did 4 hill sprints to waken the body up, there is a hill near me which is 500m long so it’s a good wee challenge and gets the heart rate up! After that I watched the experts at the athletics from Kelvinhall, good to see a Glasgow Club facility on the tv!

Sunday I went out for a long run again, getting quite used to this now! Ran 10 miles which I am amazed at as it’s by far the furthest I’ve ever ran! Did it in a time of 1hr 43m 20s, which I’m very happy with at this stage of my training. Now that I know I can cover that sort of distance, my aim for the next few weeks is going to be to start running the longer distances at a faster pace!

No comments:

Post a Comment