Monday 14 February 2011

running in the rain

Missed reporting last week as my running seems to be getting less instead of the steady increase in training. Still run on saturdays with the Mugdock runners but that is helped by the lovely breakfast and chat after. I am getting up to 1.5 times around the reservoir which is around about 7k. but the time is so slow. Started to try and read what I should be doing. some interval training and hills? Tried using the interval raining on the running machine at the gym which is hard work but not being outside seems funny. Think I cheat by grabbing the heart moniter handles which makes it easier. Yoga is still such a nice relief and I am trying to go twice a week and then run three times. Printed off an 8 week training schedule kindly suggested by my friend Sally, seems good but can I get out of my comfortable habbit. Got to remember to take my inhalers too as missing that out does seem to make a difference. The good news is if I do not run I miss it and worse still I feel guilty. But then I feel guilty as the kids are not getting a nice hot cooked dinner and have to wait. How do we fit it all in? How do you makes yourself run when its raining?

2 comments:

  1. Where did you get the 8 week training schedule? I need to get in gear and I am struggling with commitment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,

    There's an 8 week training schedule on runners world :) : http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/racing/rws-8-week-10k-schedule-3-days-per-week/76.html

    ReplyDelete