Wednesday 9 February 2011

Fail.com

So I failed my latest challenge but not in the way I anticipated! Instead of Friday night wine versus Saturday morning run it became Friday night cough bottle versus Saturday morning get off the couch! A chest infection and painful cough have thwarted my best intentions and prevented me from doing any kind of exercise for the past week!

In the meantime my bum has gotten so large that the lining of my skirt spent most of the day gathered somewhere around the top of my thighs in an unyielding and inelastic reminder of the current state of my body and my complete inability to run the length of myself!

As I drove home from work I saw lots of women running, training and getting in shape! I honestly felt a pang of runners envy! I am fully aware that my attempts at running look more like a waddle, with more than a little wobble, but alas it would appear I miss the public humiliation of running like Phoebe from friends (if you have never seen this episode I highly recommend looking it up)!!! I want to be the cause of someones runners envy! I will have new trainers by the weekend and will soon have some more inspirational material to share with the group....until then I'm off to do another menthol crystal inhalation and drink cough syrup straight from the bottle!

No comments:

Post a Comment