Tuesday 15 February 2011

Hill work

Hey all,
Haven't blogged for a while - so I thought it was time I posted one and let you know how training is going.
As well as doing the Ladies 10K this year - I have also signed up for (my biggest challenge yet) the Edinburgh Marathon. Training started a few weekends ago with a course organised by the Glasgow Running Network.
I have to run 4 times a week - as part of the programme - long run on a Sunday, plus Tues, Wed and Fri nites. Have managed to stick to the programme so far and did a 9 miler on Sunday.
It was mighty hard work though as we had to tackle a couple of big hills - man - I hate hills!!
I was out with the Holyrood GRN group tonight and we did a 4 mile route that took in 4 hills - including a horrible hill on Millbrae Road - yuck!
However, despite the hill horror I know that they will be good for me in the long run - they really help with stamina.
For anyone training for the Ladies 10k you may hear horror stories about a horrible hill in Pollok Park - don't worry - it's not too bad. However, maybe try fitting in some wee bits of hill work to your training and it will be much less daunting on the day - that's what we did at GRN last year and it meant I knew what to expect.
Hope training is going well everybody!!
P x

No comments:

Post a Comment