Saturday 19 February 2011

Fiona: Week 6

Still having massi trouble getting rid of these blisters- the only thing that saves them from more wear and tear is Compeed blister plasters but a) at this rate im shelling out more a week on these bad boys than food and b) they stick to you long after the run is over, necessitating ripping a healing layer of skin off upon removal... Eew.

That said, impressive levels of training this week: yoga at lunch and then 6 miles on Monday, during which it poured, hailed, snowed and I refused point blank to give in. Instead the few team members who had showed to training started puddle jumping, singing, and trying to really confuse miserable passers-by with our cheery, cheery grins. After that, did some quick arm work for my ball dress on Saturday.

Tuesday was classic intervals- 500ms at 3.5 mins overall allowance. This means that if you're a slow bee like me you get a 1.5 min recovery (cause all of my 500ms were 1 min 57 seconds to 2 mins 6 seconds long). Did five of these and also ran 1.5 miles warm up and 1.5 miles warm down. Thats 4.5 miles overall! Also yoga-ed it up in this lunch break and did some arm/tum 'vanity' work.

Speaking of speed, check my new Nike tee:


Sadly they weren't selling one that said 'moderately slow' ha ha! It does make me look badass though!

On Wednesday us girls showed the boys up- not one single male member of the club showed! So us six girls headed out and did a speeeeeedy 6.5 miles. I was sore after this, but weirdly after going out that night and dancing, I was fine the next day... Dancing as a recovery plan, anyone?

Thursday I couldn't make training, which was to be a tempo run, so I meant to run solo but then had job applications so did NADDA. Same for Friday- stupidly busy with applications.

Saturday I was up at 7 freakin AM to run with a friend. Just a short and breezy 3 miles (it was baltic!) and then after breakfast I went to the gym to an hourt long boxfit class. Sounds hardcore but I must be honest- it was mostly for arm vanity cause tonight is the GUSA ball! Which also means posting now, cause tomorrow I plan to be sleeping curled up with the BF. Zzzzzzz.

Fiona McG

No comments:

Post a Comment