Tuesday 1 February 2011

The (Ouch) Challenge

Well I did it...I managed double Zumba! Two whole hours of huffing, puffing, sweating and yes, on one occasion swearing! I wish I could say it was easy, that my muscle memory meant I suffered very little pain (and embarrassment) but that would be a lie! But it's a start! It's a step in the right direction. It’s…a wake up call!!

Bleeding Heck (excuse my French!)! The race is 96 days away! 96 DAYS! OK…deep breaths…woosaaahhh! 96 days…that’s ok! That’s like 13 weeks…I can get back in shape in 13 weeks! 13 weeks of double Zumba, trips to the gym, pounding the streets of Glasgow and getting my wee (wobbly) bahooky back in shape! 13 weeks is an age! That is just over 3 months, one trimester of pregnancy, a quarter of a year…3 pay days! Ok maybe it’s not that long! But it’s achievable! Isn’t it?! Words of encouragement welcome here…

Self doubt and scepticism will be eradicated! First real run of the year planned for Saturday! I will not be defeated by the chunky, lazy girl currently inhabiting my body! I will update all on progress following the next real test on my willpower…Friday night and an open bottle of wine versus an early Saturday morning run! Wish me luck ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment