Saturday 26 February 2011

do it for charity

Driving to Mugdock last saturday was really uplifting as so many women were out there running all over the place and it was freezing and sleeting. The womans 10K is the best, getting us out there. The run was cold and wet and every step was a wet whip in the eye by my hair. Still sunday was much nicer. Trying to run 7.7K on the saturday and 5K on the sunday. Still not getting any faster but not getting any slower. Find getting to the 10K mark a struggle, but there is quite a few weeks left. Did some interval training in the gym too. Still going to yoga which I am hoping will help my breathing. Decided to definitely run for Spinal Research. They had a fantastic call for donations on television with two very moving accounts from spinal injured people. See http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00z0jsn/Lifeline_Spinal_Research/ Don't blink and you will see my lab at the end. It was so moving and spurred me on to try and raise some money. Set up a just giving page under Susan Barnett so please donate as I try and get my self round the 10K route and up thePollock Country Park hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment