Sunday 24 January 2010

Time to Start...

Firstly a little introduction - my name is Julie and I am a hard working Mum, Wife and Nurse. I work long shifts (12 hour shifts) and use my running as a way to de-stress.

OK, so the panic has started. With just a few months to go till the big day, I really need to start running again. The same thing happens each year, I build up to a good level before Christmas and struggle to get started again! I used the snow as an excuse over the last couple of weeks, but intend to get back to it this week - I even treated myself to a new pair of trainers :D

I run with JogScotland Airdrie, who are brilliant. Always such a great laugh and the leaders are great at getting us to run up all those hills! Due to work, I can only commit to once a week, so go to the gym also.

Last year was my first ever 10K (1:11), now I know what to expect I am hoping to do a little better this year.

The target this week is to get back out on the streets.

Good luck to everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Julie, hope you have had a chance to break in your new trainers now. I did the Great Scottish Run in 1:15 so like you I am hoping to improve on that this year. Hope we both achieve our goals! Good luck :-)

    ReplyDelete