Wednesday 13 January 2010

Beginner....well sort of

Although I'm not entirely new to running, this is the first year I've ever signed myself up do a race despite vowing to do it every year! I think the Women's 10k is a good race to start with because so many women with different abilities take part so I know I'm in good company with all the other first timers. I'm aiming for around 1 hour, so I really do need to work hard.

I signed up in October and glad I did it so early because after the festive break I feel really lethargic and knowing I've signed up to run the race means that I have to get out there and start running (...next week!)! I did start my training in October/November and worked up to around 5k, so I was half way there!!! But I reckon the reset button has well and truly been pressed and I'll be back to puffing and panting after just 5 minutes. I won't let it stop me I'm determined to do this in a decent time so I will push myself and I've found it doesn't take long to build up the stamina.

I also have a another incentive to get out and start training, my sister has also signed up to do the Women's 10k and reckons she'll manage a better time than me so the sibling rivalry will definately kick in!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Laura, I'm really looking forward to the race being just for girls too. I did the Race For Life 5k last year and had a lovely time, though it was all over too quickly! I'm sure at the 7k mark I'll be wishing the Women's 10k was over as quick, lol. Hope your training is going well :-)

    ReplyDelete