Monday 18 January 2010

Right....lets get going!

Hi!! Well I'm also new to blogging so I will try my best to keep this interesting and full of tips for the readers! I have been running for just over a year and took part in my first ever Women's 10K last May which I thoroughly enjoyed. The atmosphere and the feeling when you had finished was amazing, I would highly recommend it to anyone....especially those who are still a bit unsure to sign up for it.

Signing up for it now gives you the incentive to get out there on those cold winter nights and that's how I feel my running has improved. With the snow and ice playing havoc with my running I'm so excited to get back into it once again. My time last year at the Women's 10K was 01:05:19, and my time for the Great Scottish Run was 00:59:47 so I'm aiming for a new personal best - I hope you're joining me!!

Running is such a popular activity and there's so much of it going on...whether you go out on your own, with friends or with a club - you're bound to feel the benefit of it quickly. I joined a running club towards the end of last year and it has improved my running and my training schedule - which I will be keeping you all up to date about!

I last went for a run on Saturday which was a 7K run (roughly around 4.3 miles). It felt good to get back out and I'll build up my mileage over the next few weeks. I'm off to netball tonight - I like to vary my exercise routine!!

Good luck with your training, speak soon!

Emily x

No comments:

Post a Comment