Tuesday 12 January 2010

Time to start training...

I’m Angie McQueen, one of the four Faces of the Race and already it’s been quite an exciting January. We attended the Women’s 10K press launch last week which was freezing but a great experience. I felt nervous just before I arrived but I was soon in the swing of things posing on top of the bus along with the other girls and seeing my picture in the paper was quite something! My trainings going well, in fact I’ve just done the ‘school run’ – literally! I seem to run everywhere at the moment. I’m keeping to my routine of doing 5K every morning, something I never thought I would be able to do. I usually keep to the same route, from Gourock Pool to the Western Ferry but occasionally I do a little extra and I’ve considering investing in a good pedometer to find out the exact distance that I’m covering, I’ve a feeling it may be a bit more than 5K which I’m really pleased with. Still got a lot more work to do though to build up to the 10K but I’m feeling more confident as time goes on.

Another thing on my ‘to do’ list is to get in touch with Alzheimer Scotland and find out how I go about arranging my sponsorship! I’m hoping the fact that I’m a Face of the Race this year will boost the funds that I raise, I’d like to raise as much as possible for them as the support my mother has received has been incredible!

All the best with your own training and I’ll be in touch soon with another update.

Angie.

No comments:

Post a Comment