Monday 23 January 2012

Week 2

Well that’s my second proper week of training done, and I’m pleased to say I managed to do a lot more than I did the previous week!

Started the week with spin class at Glasgow Club Easterhouse on Monday night. I’ve been going to this class for a while and find it really enjoyable, as well as being a good workout, it’s a good atmosphere and the instructor is great at keeping us motivated throughout the class!

Gave myself the night off on Tuesday, then did some free weights in the house on Wednesday night and then a Tae-Bo dvd on Thursday night.

On Friday night I got along to my local Glasgow Club, this time to do weights in the gym.

Having my Glasgow Club membership means I can attend any of the 24 Glasgow Club facilities around the city, or take part in any of 700 odd fitness classes each week.

Despite the terrible weather on Saturday morning, my hubby managed to persuade me to join him for some interval training. Did a couple of miles warm up jog and then some hill sprints until the hail stones came back on which led to a sprint back to the car park! But its training sessions like that which definitely make you feel most alive.

On Sunday I was able to do a long run again. I like to try and vary the exercise I do, but I am starting to really look forward to getting up on a Sunday morning and putting in a few miles! I managed to run for 8 miles, however thanks partly to the wind I was struggling for speed, and so completed it in a rather slow time of 1 hour 26 mins. However at this stage I am more than happy just to be able to run 8 miles without stopping so not too bothered about the time it takes me to do it in!

No comments:

Post a Comment