Monday 16 January 2012

Week 1

Well its that time of year again when full of New Year enthusiasm I sign up for the Ignis Asset Management Woman’s 10k and the Bank of Scotland Great Scottish Run. However this year, for the first time, I have clicked the option for the half marathon in September rather than the 10k. Throughout the next few weeks and months I plan on updating you on my quest to run 13 miles for the first time, and in the process hope to improve on my 10k time!

As a bit of background, I have been running for a few years now and mainly do 10k’s, but have always struggled to get great times. My PB is 56mins 30sec but I did this back in 2009. I’ve always aimed to get under 55mins, so its time to overhaul my training and also add in the new challenge of a longer distance!

This weekend was my first proper running of the year, and I did a slow and challenging 5k (29min 28sec) on Saturday and then a slower and even more challenging 7 miles on Sunday (1hr 10mins), but at least I can take some benefit from being able to run 7 miles already! I have achy legs today, but my usual Monday night spin class at Glasgow Club Easterhouse should help with that!

Well they say the first couple of runs of the year are the hardest, so at least that’s them done and dusted and I can now look forward to getting some good mileage under my belt in the weeks and months to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment