Thursday 22 April 2010

Under 3 weeks to go!

Well what an eventful few weeks I’ve had! First, we had such a great time at the Glasgow Running Network 5k at the end of March, it was a great atmosphere and a really good training exercise for the 10k. However, not long afterwards, my family and I were struck down with a sickness bug which was just horrible and hindered the good progress I’d been making with training. Once we were over that things got a little better and I got out running again. I am so determined to do this, I was even running to and from my Weight Watchers class - now that’s dedication isn’t!
So, training is going well again and I was pleased to find out that the other Face of the Race girls and myself were due to get fully kitted out with running gear as part of winning the competition! We went to Run 4 It on Bothwell Street in Glasgow and Pamela from the shop was great! We definitely got the special treatment and got to pick some Gore training kit and a pair of Ascics trainers, so now I am fully kitted out with the best kit I really need to pull out all the stops ha ha.

My son Paul and I did over 5k the other day and I was so pleased with my time, I managed it in 29 minutes so I know I am definitely progressing. Roll on 9th May!

I have also now started the ball rolling with my sponsorship and aim to raise funds for Altzheimer Scotland who do a fantastic job, the money will go direct to my local centre who have helped my mum who suffers from altzheimers and my family a great deal.

Well that’s me for now, good luck to all the other ladies and speak soon,

Angie x

No comments:

Post a Comment