Thursday 1 April 2010

OH MY GOODNESS.....

Hello there

I am so glad I got to do the 5k on Sunday.....it was much harder than I thought!! As im not a runner I thought my fitness levels were good as I go to classes regularly and I use the treadmill but it was totally different running outside......

I have walked/jogged a 5K's before and even the 10K when I was pregnant with Max so I dont know why its so hard now?? This will be the first time trying to run it but as Laura says....its the distance I am wanting to complete so If I need to walk or jog...so long as I finish it and raise money for my charity I will be happy.....I think I will really need to train outside from now on....hopefully I can do this as we have a few weeks left.

This morning I put my car in for an MOT in Bishopbriggs and jogged/ran/walked from there home. I did this in half an hour. Again I will need help with my breathing I think?? Any suggestions??

I will need to find out my time for my 5K at Bellahouston and I will try and beat this time for my 5K funrun.....or at least not be ready to collapse this time!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Natz, well done on your 5k! Saw the pics in the Evening Times and it looked a great event :-)

    Someone once gave me advice about breathing which was to breathe in and out every two or three steps. Just find what is right for you, eg breathe in, step, step, breathe out. Also taking proper deep breaths and not shallow ones (like we tend to take when we are getting out of breath and tired) will help the oxygen get round our bodies and especially to our legs.

    I always forget to do my deep breathing, then get dog tired after running for 20 mins or so and then I remember to do the breathing. I usually find 5 mins later I feel energised again.

    Anyway, keep going, we are all going to do well on the big day! :-) shirley x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Natalie your 5k time was 29.17
    Bellahouston is a good training route for the 10K and well done You ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5k in 29:17, crikey, wish I was as fast as that! You're doing brilliant Natalie!xx

    ReplyDelete