Monday 23 February 2009

Week 7

What was I saying last week about having good weeks and bad weeks? Well this one definitely goes down as a bad week!

It started off promising enough, Spin class on Monday night, which, after a two week break from it, was pretty painful! Definitely was feeling the sweat during it! But that hopefully means its doing some good! What wasn’t good was the stairs to get into work the day! Boy did my thighs feel heavy! Body Balance on Tuesday night again also, and despite the thigh pain it was really good. I enjoy both classes even though they are such a contrast to each other, its good on a Monday night to go a bit mad on a bike then know the next night I’m still doing exercising but its much more about working your core and not working up a sweat!

Didn’t manage to get out running till the weekend, and what I did do isn’t exactly much to celebrate! Was pretty much just up and out the house on Saturday morning, did just over 3.5k but was seriously struggling, to the extend that I wasn’t really paying attention to where I was going, got a bit to close to a bush and my earphones got caught up in a branch and became detached from my mp3 player!! I had to stop to pick them up and just could not get going again! Walked a little then managed to run about a kilometre or so back to the car, so I’m thinking I might have done about 4.5k in total. After the run we went to Glasgow Club Easterhouse Pool for some swimming and then a relax in the steam room before going back home! Perfect end to a rubbish run!

As if I hadn’t learned my lesson from Saturday, I went and did the exact same thing on Sunday, got out of bed and went running, with no proper food since my dinner the previous night, and not much water in me. Stupid decision!! Only made it to the mile mark this time before I wilted!! (I’m blaming the fact it was a hot day also!) I could so easily have chucked it at the kilometre point but managed, somehow, to push myself a bit further! (My Garmin, although is set up to measure in kilometres, also beeps at every mile, which can be good for pushing you that bit further, i.e. if I make it to 3k and can do a bit more it beeps for 2 miles at 3.22k!). Luckily my fiancĂ© was out getting the Sunday papers in the car and picked me up (then gave me a lecture about not taking on the proper fuel before running!!)

As much of a disaster as my weekend of running was, i learned some good lessons of what not to do. Clearly getting up and going running first thing in the morning with no food or drink for fuel is a stupid idea! I’ll just have to put the weekend down to bad experience and hopefully put it behind me for future runs!

No comments:

Post a Comment