Tuesday 10 February 2009

Week 3

I’m begging to wonder whose idea it was to start training in January! When will this weather ever improve!

Anyway, spin class on Monday night for the second week. Really enjoyed it again and found it better than the previous week as I think I actually worked a lot harder (due to knowing what I was doing this time!) The thighs certainly burned more.

Went to Body Balance for the first time on Tuesday night. It’s a mix of Thai Chi, Pilates and yoga and I totally loved it. Turned out it was the same fitness coach that does spin on the Monday night and she is really enthusiastic. Thighs were defiantly struggling at times from spin the previous night and I was getting a little confused at times with exactly what my right foot, left hand were supposed to be doing (a bit like playing twister!) However I fully expect that will get easier the more I go back.

Booked up for both spin and Body Balance again this week through the Glasgow Club website so that should get me away from Sky+ and ensure when I get in from work I go straight back out again. No matter how hard it can sometimes be to leave the house, I always feel so much better after exercise and glad I made the effort. Must be those endorphins or whatever they are called!

Due to work commitments and a party on Friday night I didn’t find any time for other exercise until the weekend. Went to Glasgow Club Easterhouse gym on Saturday, which has re-opened after a major refurbishment. I was looking forward to using all the new equipment. I had a quick warm up on the treadmill then tried out the resistance machines. They looked so modern and were really easy to use. It’s a major improvement. Everyone was saying how much they loved it.

Finally on Sunday I managed to get out running. After a week since my previous run I was itching to get out on the roads. I’d been helping a friend move house during the day so didn’t get out till 6pm. Since it was pretty late I decided to try and run just one mile at my target 10k pace. A 10k of 55 minutes works out at 10.9kph so I set my watch up and ran as fast as I could. I managed the mile in 8m 35 secs, which works out at 11.2kph (so faster than I need to be in May) although if was asked to do that a further 5 times in a row then I would never have made it!

Next time I plan on doing a similar speed but for 1.5 miles and hopefully this will trick my body into believing that is my usual running pace!

No comments:

Post a Comment