Sunday 17 April 2011

Fiona: This Week

Hope everyones gearing themselves up- only a few weeks to go!

This week I ran a 6 miler on monday. It was quite toasty here in Ggow so afterwards I looked a lot like this: 


Gosh, my boyfriend is a lucky man. Do you like my neon extreme Grangemouth finishers tee shirt?

On Tuesday I did some extreme abs work from the Runners World Olympic Abs page. OUCH. 

On Wednesday I headed for the gym and made my peace with the dreaded cross trainer. I used to use the X-C in 10 minute bursts on a casual gym day. Then when I caught the running bug, X-Cs now felt boring, you just go on and on and on. But on Wed I ended up doing 30 minutes.Actually felt pretty good.

Now, if I could just bring myself to love the treadmill...

Thursday was another speedy 6 miler crammed into a study day:


Friday I took a rest (was dead stiff) and Saturday I ran for the athletics team in the 3K and 400m relay. Was a great laugh- ended up doing the  3K in 14.39 which is a 7.51 mile pace and I don't yet know my 400m time. I was so nervous before because track/athletics runners are a lot more serious and I had never run at a track event. Sarah and I, however, devised a mantra. That mantra was, 'We are distance runners. For us this is a TRAINING RUN.'. It really helped. To be honest I was really glad to be part of Glasgow Uni at that point because we were the ONLY team who cheered on anyone in any team. A lot of teams seemed to lack the camaderie you see in cross country.

There was a massive headwind on the 300m corner of each lap but my race seemed really well paced to me and the spectators told me the form was spot on. Overall GUAC came 2nd and could hold their heads high another day. Also I had fun! And I reckon I'd like to try a little more sprinting- I wore Sarah's track spikes for the 400m and I really liked running in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment