Monday 27 April 2009

Week 16

Only 2 weeks left, and I think this week of training was the least I’ve done since I started this blog!!

Well Monday night I wasn’t able to go to Spin as had to be somewhere else, and then Tuesday night I wasn’t able to get to the 10k night at Run 4 It, so I ended up going to Body Balance instead! It was great to be back after missing the last 2 weeks, but there was a new routine, which I’d done for the first time when I was last there 3 weeks ago, so it felt like my first time again when everyone else knew what to do except me! I’m sure after a couple of weeks I’ll get the hang of it though!

Wednesday night I went out a run, and my legs were a bit sore from the previous night so it was a case of I’ll go out and see how far I can run! Well I am very pleased to say I ended up running for 10k, at a new personal best of 56mins 47secs! It beat my previous best by 2minutes, which I am amazed about! I somehow just managed to keep myself running, and even though I was tiring at the 8k mark I decided if I made it that far I was not going to stop now! My average speed was 10.6kph, and my mile times were 8m 47s for the first, second 8m 48s, third 9m 13s, fourth 9m 7s, fifth 9m 23s, and the sixth 9m 30. Now I just need to get my last 2 miles about the 9minute mark to get under 56mins!

I am actually really happy with the run I did on Wednesday as it is a big improvement on my previous best. It’s made me realise though that I am unlikely to be able to knock another 2 mins off it in 2 weeks time, and I think I have actually managed to relieve the pressure I was putting on myself to do so. I do however feel confident that if I keep the training up throughout the summer, and keep improving the way I have been recently, that a 10k in under 55m will be an achievable goal for the Great Scottish Run in September.

Well that is all the training I was able to do this week, as I gave myself Thursday off to recover, and had a night out on Friday then a wedding on Saturday. Was fully intending to do a run Sunday afternoon but it didn’t happen as it was a very late night! But at least with my limited training this week I did run a 10k so it wasn’t as bad as it could have been!

For the week coming up I’m booked into Spin and Body Balance for Monday and Tuesday. Its been 2 weeks since I was last at Spin so looking forward to getting back to it. Also hope to get some more running in, would like to try keep running at my required speed of 10.9kph for a 55min 10k and see how far I can get, then next week will cut back slightly so I’m not too tired out by time Sunday comes along!

No comments:

Post a Comment