Monday 30 March 2009

Week 12

Another week gone and its now officially British Summer Time! Does that mean we’ve finally had the last of the snow?!

Monday night was back to Spin class, and after missing it last week because I had the cold I was glad to get back on the bike. Although once on I nearly fell of as my feet weren’t strapped in properly, but that’s another story! It was a different person taking it to the usual 2 people, meaning it was a slightly different style of spin, but it was good, it fun not having the same routines all the time.

I had a lot on this week, out Wednesday, Thursday and Friday night so gave Tuesday night Body Balance a miss, both Spin and Body Balance are on 8-9pm, so by time I get back home, showered etc its 10pm at the earliest, fine when nothing else on during the week but thought it would have been a bit much this week! I had planned on going out a quick run when I got home from work but it was a terrible night, rain was chucking it down, so I ended up going my Tae Bo Abs and Glutes dvd instead. Got myself booked in for both Spin and Body Balance next week though!

That was me until Friday, as I said last week I’d taken the day off work (mainly to recover from the Metallica concert on Thursday night!). I went out a run in the morning, but it was a really windy day, and a bit sleety, so I only ran 2 miles. I managed it in 18mins 5secs, first mile 8m54secs, second mile 9m11s. Overall average speed was 10.7kph, not bad I think considering the wind! Saturday was a much nicer day, and I went out for a 5k run with the other half. He waited in the car, leaving for his run about 4 mins after I left, predicting with my head start that we would finish at about the same time. It was one of those runs where I just felt brilliant, first mile 8m 58s, second 8m 45s, and third 9m 2s, then as much of a sprint finish ending the 5k in 27mins 40secs! I was so happy with it, it’s the second fastest 5k I’ve ever done, and the fastest by far this year! My average speed was 10.8kph. The best part about the run however was that the other half didn’t catch me, although at 23m 10s he was just behind me! After that we went swimming at Glasgow Club Whitehill, for a cool down as much as it was a swim!

Sunday I went back out again for another run, but again it was pretty windy and I think going out for the third day in a row, which I’ve not been used to doing for a while, was starting to take its toll on me! I managed 4k in total, nearly stopped after the 3k mark though! My time was 22mins 44 secs, whereas the previous day I’d done the same distance in 22mins exactly (and managed a further kilometre after that!) I averaged 10.6kph, first mile was a good 8m 48s but I had a terrible second mile, at 9m 28s! But considering I did that after such a good run the day before, I am not too disappointed!

I now want to start working on trying to run longer distances, with the nights now lighter, I am planning on getting out a couple of nights a week as well as my weekend runs, and so definitely need to start doing more 6 or 7k’s soon so I can tackle the 10k in May without stopping at 5k as I’ve forgotten how to run beyond that distance!!

No comments:

Post a Comment