Wednesday 9 December 2009

You know it is winter when...

… you have finished your run by 8am and it is still dark! However, you do feel great and very righteous that you have exercised before the world has even managed to officially wake up. This morning I went out along the canal from Maryhill towards Falkirk and would you believe it but there were little baby deer. Just five minutes from the hustle and bustle of Maryhill Road there they are, three of them, just sauntering along the canal path – generally minding their own business (well, until a cyclist with no lights appears out of nowhere and gives them – and me – the fright of their lives!).

Well, that’s it – the Glasgow Women’s 10K training has officially started! Entry form is in and targets have been set. It will be my 15th consecutive year of running the world’s greatest running event and I can’t wait. My best ever time (and that was a couple of years ago!) was 53.20 but this year I want to do it in under 50 minutes! There, I have not only said it but now I have written it down… there is no going back. Who’s with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment